When presenting information about activities, Conclude apps generate texts based on the app label. This works well in most cases, but sometimes you may want to override the default text.
Here’s an example that illustrates the usefulness of presentation settings.
You just deployed an app for reporting lab accidents:
"name": "lab-accident", "label": "Lab accident",
When someone reports an accident that happened in the lab, the team will receive an alert starting with:
@someone created a new lab accident
This sounds like the user caused the accident, which is incorrect. So let’s change it:
"create_intro": "reported a new lab accident"
The alert will now start with:
@someone reported a new lab accident
The create_intro is just one of many texts you can customize (more than a dozen).
Tip: Use the app builder!
We recommend using the app builder since it shows all settings with their default values in a single view.
Go to Conclude Home > Apps > [your app] > Settings > Presentation
The launch button is displayed in Conclude Home, under Dashboard and Apps.
You can override the label of the launch button for your app.
- launch_button: The default text is “New <app label>”.
Here we use an emoji to create more engagement:
"launch_button": "Report :boom: Accident"
A Conclude app sends an alert when an activity has been created or concluded. By default, alerts are sent to the channel where the app is installed.
Notice that the name of the person who initiated or closed the activity is displayed before the alert summary.
- initiator_summary: This is the text used in the alert announcing that someone created a new activity (default: “created the <app label>").
- closed_by_summary: This is the text used in the alert announcing that someone closed an activity (default “closed the <app label>").
This examples sets the alert text for new bug reports:
"initiator_summary": "submitted this bug report"
You can change the dialog caption (title) with these settings:
- create_caption: Sets the caption of the dialog for creating a new activity (default: “New <app label>").
- edit_caption: Sets the caption of the dialog for editing an existing activity (default “Edit <app label>").
- conclude_caption: Sets the caption of the dialog for concluding an activity (default: “Conclude <app label>").
This setting changes caption of the dialog when a user reports a lab accident:
"create_caption": "Report Lab Accident"
Activity channel notifications
You can change the notification that is sent to the activity channel members:
- create_intro: The default text is “created a new <app label>”.
- edit_intro: The default text is “updated the <app label>”.
- conclude_intro: The default text is “concluded the <app label>”.
"create_intro": "sent a support ticket"
Dialog button labels
These settings modify the text of the OK button in the dialogs described above:
- create_button: Sets the text of the OK button in the create dialog (default: “Submit”).
- edit_button: Sets the text of the OK button in the edit dialog (default: “Save”).
- conclude_button: Sets the text of the OK button in the conclude dialog (default: “Done”).
"conclude_button": "Close Ticket"
When someone outside your Slack workspace creates a new activity (by using a web connector), you can give the external user a custom label and avatar:
- external_user: Sets the label fpr the external user (default: “External User”).
- external_avatar: Sets a custom avatar for the external user.
"external_user": "An anonymous person"