In this section we’ll go beyond the quickstart guide to get a deeper understanding of how to develop and deploy apps.
It’s quick and convenient to install a new Conclude app directly from Slack. The interactive app installer lets you deploy a custom app based on an existing blueprint. For example, if you want to create an app for handling financial approvals, you may want to use the generic approval blueprint as a starting point.
There are a couple of ways to start the installer:
- Click Conclude Home > Apps > Install App, or
/c app installin Slack.
The installer takes you through a 2-step process:
- Step 1: Specify where to install the app, pick a blueprint, and decide who should use the app.
- Step 2: Modify some common blueprint settings and click Install to deploy the app.
The installer initializes the app with default settings that work well for simple apps. Use the app builder to further customize and fine-tune your app.
Launch your app
There are several ways to run an installed app:
- Click the app’s launch button in Conclude Home under Dashboard or Apps, or
/c [my app]to launch your app, or
/cto see a list of installed apps.
The app builder is a fully interactive way to build and customize apps from within Slack.
Start the app builder from Conclude Home or by using a Slack command:
- Click Conclude Home > Apps > [my app] > Settings, or
/c app editin the channel where the app is installed, or in any of its activity channels.
Edit source code
You may also create and modify apps using an external JSON code editor:
- Click Conclude Home > Apps > [my app] > Settings > Code (source code link), or
- Open the editor concludeapp.com/app/code.
Here you can choose a channel and start typing. If the channel does not contain any app, Conclude will display the ‘simple’ blueprint as a starting point.
The editor features basic syntax checking and highlighting.
Tip: Create a playground!
We recommend that you create a Slack channel, for example #conclude-playground, where you experiment with code until you feel confident enough to create apps for your entire organization.